Davao City, Philippines — The requirements of a Philippine marriage license actually vary on the age, citizenship and marriage history of the applicants. A pre-marriage seminar, family planning and/or parents’ consent are needed for ages 18-25, while a foreign spouse must secure a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage from their respective embassy.
I highly suggest to inquire YOUR (not in another city) Local Civil Registrar or LCR beforehand for the specific requirements.
These are the basic requirements:
But, we were asked to submit these requirements:
- 2 application forms (Form 90) provided by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR)
- 1 original and 2 photocopies of Filipino’s NSO birth certificate
- 1 original NSO copy of Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) for both applicants
- 1 photocopy of foreigner’s transcript of records and diploma if he/she studied in the Philippines
- 1 photocopy of any valid ID with photo and same city address where we applied
- 1 photocopy of Filipino’s Community Tax Certificate / cedula
- original copy and 5 photocopies of Legal Capacity
- 2 photocopies of foreigner’s bio-page passport and arrival stamps
HOW TO FILL UP THE FORM:
Please note: Danny (my husband) finished a 4-year course in Davao. NSO birth certificate, baptismal and voter’s certificates and cedula are not applicable for foreigners. Therefore, we submitted his school records (transcript and diploma), instead. Before submitting the requirements to the LCR, make sure to double check them, go with your partner and don’t forget to bring 2 black ink pens so both of you may fill up the forms at the same time.
We paid a total of Php600 at window 14 for the legal capacity registration and marriage license processing. We also submitted the receipt together with the requirements. After 15 minutes or so, they gave us a paper somewhat like a claiming stub. It says we can claim our license after 10 days. But within that waiting period, there is a posting of the marriage application on a bulletin board outside the LCR’s office. The marriage license is valid for 120 days from the date of issue.
Ten consecutive days have passed, we got our license. Then, we submitted it all together with the attachments to our officiating church.
Requesting for NSO documents online link : https://www.ecensus.com.ph/
As always, your comments, questions and/or suggestions are encouraged and greatly appreciated.
Cover photo by dreamstime.com