2 June 2015 | South Korea —
If a Filipino spouse intends to stay in South Korea for 91 days or more, one must apply for an alien registration card (ARC) within the 90 days of arrival. The earlier the better. This can be easily attained at your local immigration office by complying these requirements:
You may download the application form – report form HERE (Please CLICK) or you may fill-up at the immigration office.
The next day upon arriving Korea, Danny and I went to our local immigration office to apply for my alien registration card. I filled-up some forms and queued at window 1. To our surprise, and also the consul’s, my data wasn’t recorded to their system yet. Therefore, they couldn’t process my registration and asked us to come back the following Tuesday.
When we came back on the said date, the consul told us that they still couldn’t find my data but he accepted my application, anyway. We paid a total of KRW 60,000 (Php 2,500) for the processing and ID card and we may claim it after 12 working days or so. We, then proceeded to another window for my finger printing, then all done! The process took us less than 30 minutes only. How cool was that?
Validity: One (1) year
EXTENSION OF SOJOURN
An alien registration card (ARC) holder may already extend his/her card two (2) months prior to the expiration date. Here are the requirements:
Without child/children: One (1) year
With child/children: Three (3) years
As of March 2, 2016, the Tuberculosis Diagnosis Document is required to these countries according to the Immigration Control Act Article 11, 46, 89:
- East Timor
- Sri Lanka
STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
1. Have your chest x-ray taken at a local health center. Prices range from $2,000-5,000. Result is after 2-3 days.
2. Schedule an online appointment at www.hikorea.go.kr at least a day prior to your desired date.
3. Prepare all the necessary requirements (mentioned above).
4. Go early to the immigration office.
5. Fill out the application form. Tick [✔️] extension of sojourn. Photo is not needed unless you need a new card.
6. Wait for your number to be called. Submit the requirements.
7. Pay ₩30,000 at the cashier.
8. Done! Check the extended date of your ARC.
Note: Please go with your Korean spouse if you wish to extend your alien registration card (ARC).
For more information, please visit your local immigration office or visit their website at www.immigration.go.kr
Last Updated: May 2, 2017