Seoul, South Korea — It has been a while since my last restaurant review. So here goes another one.
After a tiring morning exercise at Bears Town Ski Resort, Danny and I headed to Dongdaemun to meet up with his aunt. We strolled around Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP) for the nth time hoping to find a hearty handmade burger meal. Alas, we spotted Battery Park, a modern Italian pub located at the basement of the aforementioned facade.
Before we entered, we first studied the menu. They only have 3 choices of burger and aside from it, they also offer wide selection of salad, pizzas, pastas and desserts. We picked mushroom burger and their signature dish called fried onion burger. Each burger comes with fries on the side priced at ₩13,000.
- Salad – ₩12,000
- Pizza – ₩14,000 to ₩18,000
- Burger – ₩13,000 to ₩15,000
- Pasta – ₩13,000 to ₩16,000
- Desserts – ₩7,000
- Draft Beer – ₩7,500 to ₩8,500
Other Signature Menu:
- Chili Beef Intestine Rigatoni – ₩16,000
- Battery Pig Hocks – ₩38,000
- Crunchy Fries Platter – ₩17,000
- Dropped Ice Cream Waffle Cone – ₩7,000
We were so famished that we finished our meals so quickly, even though the patty crumbled to pieces at my first bite.
- Tasty burger.
- Clean and convenient place.
- Good presentation.
- Bread was oily, too thick and almost stale.
- Thin sliced and too salty fries. – I prefer thick slices.
- Mushy patty.
- Waiting time was 15-20 minutes.
Overall, I was quite satisfied with how the food tasted. But, Danny wasn’t pleased. Well, I guess we are still in quest for the best handmade burger in the city. Did you happen to know one? Please share it on the comments below. Thank you.
Note: This is based on our honest opinion and personal experience only.
Address: B2 Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP), Eulji-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul
Myeongdong Branch: B1 State Tower Namsan, Hoehyeon-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul
Operating Hours: Daily 11:30-22:00 (CLOSED – 15:00 to 17:00)
Direction (Subway): Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station (Seoul Subway Lines 2, 4, and 5). Exit 1.