It has been ages since my last baking recipe post. So here I am again sharing my sweet tooth craving which can be served at any occasion – the Chocolate Lava Cake. I’ve been eyeing this dessert for quite some time now. Glad I found an easy to follow recipe from Kraft.
• 1/4 cup baking chocolate
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 egg yolk
• 3 tbps all purpose flour
• powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220℃ and slightly grease 2 ramekins with cooking spray.
- Heat the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl for about 1 minute to 1 minute and 15 seconds or until it’s melted. Blend completely.
- Add egg, egg yolk and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Add flour and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes allowing the edges to be done but the center is soft.
- Let it cool for a minute or two.
- On a serving plate, turn cake over, ending with bottom on top.
- Garnish with powdered sugar or top with vanilla ice cream.
- Dig in!